About PEDIGREE Foundation Canadian Grant Program
Every dog deserves a loving home.™
PEDIGREE Foundation is working to help dogs in Canada get adopted as part of Mars Petcare’s global ambition to help end pet homelessness and build a better world for pets.
In 2022, we expanded the grant activities of PEDIGREE Foundation, an independent 501(c)(3) non-profit organization in the US created by Mars Petcare, maker of PEDIGREE® food for dogs, to Canada in order to help increase dog adoption and encourage people to adopt, volunteer and donate. Our vision is a day when all dogs are safe, secure, cared for, fed well and loved.
Canadian grants given by PEDIGREE Foundation are funded by the local Canadian PEDIGREE® Brand and will be given exclusively to Canadian animal shelters and rescues. This year, we aim to give $100,000 CAD in Canadian grants dedicated to helping shelter and rescue organizations with programs to increase dog adoption rates.
Canadian grants are available to shelters and rescues that are a charitable organization, public foundation or private foundation registered with the Canada Revenue Agency, or a not for profit.
Our priority areas of focus for grants are these programs that are shown to significantly increase dog adoption:
- Matching/behaviour programs that increase the likelihood that shelter dogs will bond with their adopters. This could include behaviour training or programs that help find the best fit for dogs and potential adopters.
- Transport programs that help move dogs from areas of overpopulation to areas where they are more likely to be adopted.
- Support in remote communities to provide needed medical care including spay/neuter programs to help reduce overpopulation of homeless dogs.
- Safety net programs designed to provide resources and options for people and their pets, to help ensure they can stay together.
We are unable to fund the following:
- Programs/projects that do not directly influence animal adoptions
- Debt reduction or operating deficits
- General operating expenses
- Capital projects
- Grants to individuals
- Endowment funding
- Event sponsorship
The 2023 PEDIGREE Foundation Canadian grant program will be focused on program development grants, up to a maximum individual grant amount of CAD $10,000.